One of the most memorable events of high school is Prom. You’ve waited to find a date, figured out your attire and now it’s time to order flowers. Don’t worry, we’ve made it easy.
First, visit our website at www.Lafayetteflorist.com/occasions/prom/
We’ll show you style and color options.
If you have questions, call or stop by the shop. We’re open daily and we can give you advice. You can also pick out your ribbon, look at the flowers and browse the prom menu.
Here are some of this year’s trends:
- Wristlet corsages (flowers on an elastic bracelet) are the most popular. However, you’ll see some teens pinning flowers onto a waist treatment or handbag and adding baby’s breath to their hair.
- Bright colors are big this year. Pick out a colorful bow in a matching or coordinating tint. Think orange ribbon with a bright pink dress. You’ll soften the contrast with white mini-roses. Pro-tip: keep the flowers neutral in white or soft pink then add the color with ribbon.
- Sequins is popular. Add a few jewel sprays to your corsage or boutonniere for the pop of sparkle.
- Daisies symbolize happiness and positivity. Yellow daisies represent friendship, joy and optimism. These blooms are sturdy and will last all night long.
- For that Boho look, go for the babies breath boutonniere with the twine stem wrap. For her, the white roses with babies breath keeps the palette neutral and you can add a soft peach bow for a hint of blush.
- Another natural theme are dried flowers. These can be used for Prom and saved as a keepsake. Each is one-of-a-kind. Stop by and pick out the one that speaks to you.
- Add a rustic, desert, or country twist to your corsage and boutonniere by adding a succulent. This is a really fun way to make your corsage and boutonniere unique.
- Girls, try the baby’s breath combs — a perfect addition to adorn a low bun or for messy loose braids. Flowers in the hair is very on-trend.
- Now you’re set — Go have fun!